Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded to the user’s device that is used when you visit a website. Its main purpose is, on the one hand, to recognize the user each time they access https://www.grupogat.com/ and, on the other hand, to know their browsing habits in order to improve the usability of our website.
- Technical cookies: they are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks. Also included in this category are cookies that allow obtaining information for effective management of advertising design from a strictly technical point of view.
- Personalization cookies: these are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
Examples of excepted cookies are session and user input cookies, authentication cookies, security cookies, media player session cookies, load balancing session cookies, user interface customization cookies, and plug-in cookies ( plug-in) to exchange content on social networks. The use of the rest of the cookies –that is to say, those not excepted- implies the duty to inform and obtain the express consent of the user prior to downloading them.
Cookies not excepted
Cookies can be classified according to different criteria. From a legal point of view, and as explained in the previous section, there are excepted and non-excepted cookies. Other classification criteria address the type of cookie management (own or third-party), activation time (session cookies and permanent cookies) or type of purpose. The classification of non-excepted cookies according to the purpose is especially relevant. From this point of view, non-excepted cookies can be:
- Analytical cookies: They are those that, well treated by the owner of the site, or by third parties, allow the person in charge to make measurements of the activity of users on the website for statistical purposes.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the most efficient management possible of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Add-on cookies: Cookies used by add-ons from external content providers are necessary so that the user can access previously requested content or services that are provided by third-party providers such as viewing videos hosted on YouTube, geographic locations on Google Maps, connection with social networks, etc. These cookies are governed by the provisions of the respective cookie policies of external providers.
In accordance with the legal provisions, your consent is not necessary to store technical cookies and non-advertising personalization. For all other types of cookies (analytical, advertising and behavioral) prior and express consent is required. This website uses the Google Analytics tool. It is a web analysis service based on the information obtained through analytical cookies. Within the European Union this service is provided by Google Ireland Limited. By clicking on the social network plugins included in this website, your browser will connect to the server of the corresponding social network. The social network provider will know that you visited our website before going to the social network site. If you are registered and logged into the corresponding social network, your visit can also be linked to your user account. For more information on this, see the data protection specifications of the Provider of the relevant social network. If you do not want a Social Network Provider to collect information about you through our website, please disable plug-ins in your web browser. If you want to prevent a link to your current user account, you must log out of the social network website before visiting our website.
How to configure your preferences in relation to cookies?
- Google Analytics Opt-out: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=None
- Google Opt-out (behavioral advertising): http://www.google.com/settings/ads/
- Doubleclick Opt-out: http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin
- Weborama Opt-out: http://www.weboscope.com/free/cookie_optout.php